Friday, January 30, 2009

I Disagree with our New President. . .

It didn’t take long before I found something to disagree with. It has always been my intention with this blog to be a discerning blogger, unafraid to voice disagreement with whom ever is in charge.

Obama’s recent efforts at reaching out to the Republicans are commendable. At first my belief was to just discount them and get done what We-the-People want. Republicans and their Conservative philosophy have been running this country for eight years. Look where it has gotten us. (Truthfully, the Conservatives have been running this country since Reagan, 1980; but that’s a different blog).

What is interesting to me is how the Republicans now say they have a plan for stimulating the country that will produce twice as many jobs and cost half as much. They, of course, announce this after the bill goes through the House and have not revealed any details of their “plan.” Their “plan” is merely a continuation of “Tax Cuts” that have not worked. Let’s see now . . , What was that definition of insanity? Oh yeah; keep doing the same failed task and expect different results!

Simply put, the Republicans are just being Obstructionists. With their lips they say they want Obama to succeed and with their efforts they are trying to make the country fail. “In confusion there is opportunity for wealth”. And Conservatives want opportunity to continue. I truly believe they want this country divided into the extremely wealthy and the extremely impoverished.

The Conservative, Republican strategy will fail. Since We-the-People have expressed our desire for the Congress to get something done and move this country forward, Obama has made an effort to “reach across the aisle” to get Republican support for an American Recovery Project. Republicans hold to their hardcore beliefs and slap that hand. When this country begins to recover, (and it will), what will Republicans say then? Watch how they jump on the bandwagon, forget their obstructionists ways and make it sound like they were always working for the country’s benefit.

I admire Obama for his efforts although I wish he had not removed some of the details from the recovery bill that he did. The People will realize that he is doing what he promised and is making honest effort to help the country. Republicans will be seen to be the obstructionists they are! But that is not what I disagree with Obama about. I voted for his judgment, his careful consideration of solutions and his ability to bring people together. So I choose to trust that judgment and let him do it his way.

What I disagree with Obama about is the Super Bowl. I will be backing the Arizona Cardinals!

And that;s As I See It. . .